petition for dudes to shut the fuck up about makeup on women
petition for everyone to shut the fuck up about makeup on women
petition for everyone to shut the fuck up about makeup on anyone
petition for everyone to shut the fuck up.
petition to fuck everyone
Bosozoku Sailor Scouts
Created by Babs Tarr
Last day to buy these prints!
Available from Etsy
I WANT ALL OF ThESE
I am IN LOVE WITH THESE
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH SO MUCH WANT
Everyone looks at me weird when I say that I wish more cosplayers were like NovaVandorwolf and Twinfools. I’m not saying it based on their cosplays (which are freaking amazing) as I realize not everyone has the skill or the time to make outfits of that calibre.
No, I say it because after years of working as a photographer with cosplayers, they have consistently been the absolute best to work with.
So for all the cosplayers out there, here is a list of the little things you can do to make your photographer happy
1) If you book a shoot, make sure you show up - I cannot count the times I have had someone completely bail on me after booking an hour long shoot at a con. It wastes time for me and pretty much guarantees that I will never work with you again
2) Be on time - I give out my cell number to pretty much everyone I work with so that they can contact me if they get delayed, so turning up late with no message is a huge irritant to me. This is especially true during cons as I’ve usually booked shoots almost back to back so I don’t have time to wait for people
3) Listen to your Photog - You have put your time and effort into your costume and now it is time for the photographer to make you shine. When we ask you to move or change what you are doing it is almost always because we have seen the potential for a great shot or we are trying to avoid catching something in the background.
4) Have poses in mind - We try, as photographers we really do try to have poses in mind for every character. I typically research the series to get an idea for some poses and locations but I don’t always have enough. This goes double at a con, I don’t have the time to have a huge list of poses in mind for every character. So even if it just one or two poses, have something in mind.
5) Be respectful - We aren’t just here to take photos of you, for many of us this is fun as much as it is a job. Getting your photos done and running off without even a thank you is pretty damn rude, ditto with asking for photos within a week of a con. After SakuraCon last year, I went home with about 45k photos on my computer, waiting to be checked, edited, and posted. It takes time, but we will get to your photos ASAP.
In the end, this is a symbiotic relationship. I’m not going to pretend that photographers are perfect because we are not. I invite any cosplayer to give me a list of things that Photogs can do to make cosplayers happy and I will gladly post it up here right next to mine
Chubby cosplayer here!
I was in the process of talking to my step mom about cosplay. She asked who I wanted to cosplay and I said a Military version of Jane Crocker from Homestuck. She asked for a picture of Jane so I showed her. She looked me up and down and sighed.
“Allie, you’re too fat to be her.”
My dad had said the same thing as did several other people.
I’m a size 18 USA. I am a bigger girl and they said I would, quote:
Never be able to cosplay her because I’m too fat and not pretty enough.
I want to prove them wrong so bad but my paychecks have already been taken by my parents and I’m working minimum wage so all of that pays for my insurance and medication. ((I have insomnia and PTSD from my several occurances of being raped which cause me to not be able to sleep and sometimes function normally.))
So what am I asking for?
1$ and a Reblog.
I want to put this cosplay together and prove them wrong.
I’ll draw you something
I hope you consider and if you decide you want to help you can send money to my paypal at Theprinceisawake@live.com
And then send me a message on Tumblr at Crocker-Corruption telling me what drawing you want.
Thank you all!
I’m broke but I will signal boost!
But seriously what kind of parent straight up tells their kid they’re too fat for something when they’ve already been through so much.
WHAT KIND OF PARENT SAYS THEIR DAUGHTER ISN’T PRETTY WHEN THEY’VE BEEN SCARRED LIKE THAT.
THIS IS TUMBLR AND BY GOD WE WILL PROVE THEM WRONG!
YAY MORE FAT SHAMING! Society makes me fucking sick. This is why my roommate and people I love who are literally size 0’s have almost DIED because they think they are too fat or have been called too fat, this is why I probably have issues eating as well.
Its bullshit, you are so pretty omg! What is wrong with them! I have seen SO MANY larger cosplayers fucking ROCK IT and KICK ASS so you know what I think?
Don’t do it to prove them wrong, don’t do it for them, do it for you, do it to make yourself happy, you are a survivor, you have a life worth something, and if what you want to do with it is cosplay, then hun, don’t let a close minded world stop you. I promise there are tons of other people who cosplay and are out there who will stand up for you and stick by you and think you are amazing.
^ All of that and a ton more
As a photographer, I can say that it isn’t about your size. Go out, have fun, put hard work into your costumes and you will have fun.
I usually run a panel at conventions called “So You Think You Can Cosplay” and I inevitably get some people there who think that I’m going to rag on people for being overweight or the “wrong” ethnicity for the cosplay.
Fuck. That. Noise.
Cosplay is supposed to be a fun hobby. I critique people for their costume materials, design, and construction (and occasionally for their poses) but I would never, NEVER, tell someone they are “too fat” or “the wrong color” to cosplay.
What the fuck happened to the con crowd?
What happened to a place where everyone could meet and share a love for an art form.
I mean, I really REALLY dislike Homestuck and Hetalia, but I still appreciate the effort that the cosplayers for those series put into their costumes.
To sum up my rambling rant: I’ve worked with people of all shapes, sizes, and skin tones.
And everyone is beautiful.
So are you. <3
Fai - Tsubasa
Old shoot, forget the character tbh, but I like the shots :3
Happy Photodump Tuesday, have some animals
Photoshoot with Nezi Jinx